Will you have what you need to travel in May 2023?
Due to the pandemic, the federal government extended the deadline for the new ID law to May 3, 2023. Washington residents should start planning now for new air travel requirements.
Are you prepared to travel in 2023?
You may already have what you need!
REAL ID is a law, not an actual piece of ID. Per the law, there are many pieces of existing identification options that will work including:
- Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
- U.S. Military ID
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Passport Card
- Foreign Passport
- Enhanced Driver License (EDL)
- Enhanced Identification Card (EID)
- Federally Recognized, Tribal-issued Photo ID
- Border Crossing Card
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I-766)