New DeadlineREAL ID has been delayed until May 3, 2023. Enhanced Driver Licenses / IDs can wait.
Refresh your REAL ID knowledge and timeline (again)
Due to the pandemic, the federal government extended the deadline for the new ID law to May 3, 2023. That gives Washington residents plenty of time to prepare for new air travel requirements.
Are you prepared to travel in 2023?
You may already have what you need!
REAL ID is a law, not an actual piece of ID. Per the law, there are many pieces of existing identification options that will work including:
- Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
- U.S. Military ID
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Passport Card
- Foreign Passport
- Enhanced Driver License (EDL)
- Enhanced Identification Card (EID)
- Federally Recognized, Tribal-issued Photo ID
- Border Crossing Card
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I-766)